Our desire for continuous improvement, alongside customer feedback has led to the development of our latest range of ARC145 systems. The systems combine the best elements of our proven ARC140 system and our more recently released ARC150 system.
The ARC145 pistol utilises our latest design of contact tips and air-concentrator. The head design, along with the contact tips improves cooling to the arc area, resulting in longer contact tip life and more reliable operation when spraying for extended periods of time. The improved airflow and more efficient arc also allow the system to produce a finer coating without compromising deposit efficiency. The new tips, manufactured from a hard wearing, copper alloy are quick and easy to change. The new material, along with improved cooling help to enhance tip life considerably and reduce downtime and running costs.
The ARC145 pistol also includes other enhancements such as measuring the spray voltage at the pistol (assisting diagnostics and simplifying setup) and more simple, robust pushbuttons. A small amount of weight is taken out of the pistol compared to the ARC140 and a more robust control cable connection is also introduced. Reversible (twice the life) V-rollers complete the ARC145 pistols new features and ensure the most reliable wire feed possible.
The reversible V-rollers also feature on the new ARC145 wire drive unit which utilises the proven technology from the ARC150 spray systems. A larger motor, inverter and independent tension drive unit gives the very best in reliable and repeatable wire feeding.
The new drive unit and pistol are still joined with our patented ‘Synchrodrive’ principle. The flexible drive cable in 5m, 10m, and 20m lengths, combined with the V-rollers and more positive drive unit ensure the ultimate performance and reliability of wire feeding. The ARC145 system has been extensively tested with a range or coating wires and proven to give excellent performance over 20m feed lengths with the most challenging, cored engineering wires.
- Structural Steelwork
- Oil/Gas platforms
- Pipes and vessels
- Internal vessel / boilers
- Gates / fences
- Architectural fabrications
The system is designed for demanding engineering and anti-corrosion applications and is our most flexible arc spray machine. Suited to hand held or robotic mounting, it is as happy spraying 1.6mm engineering wires onto shafts as it is spraying 2.5mm corrosion coatings onto steel fabrications. The system has undergone a rigorous design, engineering and testing program to bring you a high quality, medium capacity but flexible system that will aid you to maximize production, efficiency and productivity in your thermal spray operations.
- Structural Steel Work
- Offshore / Oil & Gas
- Shipbuilding / Marine Bridges (Concrete and Steel)
- Vessels and Enclosures
- Wind Turbine Towers
- Fences / Gates
- Engineering Bond Coats
- Wear Coatings
- Bearing and Seal Surfaces
- 500A capacity = high productivity
- Closed-loop current = simplicity / reliability
- Uses 2.3/2.5mm anti-corrosion wires
- 1.6mm setup for high termperature alloys
- Air cooled cables = lightweight
- Flexible pistol manoeuvrability
- New 500A energiser with digital display
- 10 and 20m supplies packages (max wire feed)
- Extension supplies to extend up to 50m
- Easy to setup and maintain = high productivity
- MIG, hardboard reel and drum dispense
- New heavy duty drive unit and rollers
- New contact tips = reliability at higher current
- 100% duty cycle = reliability and productivity